Do you lack energy in the morning? Do you want to start your day feeling invigorated and ready to kick ass? If so, I’m glad you’re here. I’m excited to share a simple self care technique known as dry brushing. It’s an easy and inexpensive way to help you to feel energized and ready to face the day!
What is Dry Brushing
It is the practice of brushing your skin with a dry, natural fibered brush. Scandinavians have been doing it for centuries and it has gained popularity around the world in the last 30 years. Dry brushing is especially popular in European spas and cancer treatment centers.
Why should I try Dry Brushing?
Your skin is your largest and most important eliminative organ and is responsible for detoxification. Regularly brushing your skin helps:
- Increase blood circulation – leaving you feeling energized and invigorated
- Transport nutrients to the skin and remove waste
- Exfoliate skin and stimulate renewal
- Tone muscles
- Cleanse & stimulate the lymphatic system
- Strengthen the immune system
- Rejuvenate the nervous system
I was introduced to dry brushing while trying out a 10-day cleanse to help detoxify last year. It was my first time trying out a cleanse and it was a fun challenge. I reduced my intake of foods that are processed or chemical-laden, and added a bunch of self-care practices like steam rooms, enemas, wheatgrass juice, etc. I liked dry brushing enough that I kept doing it after I completed the cleanse. It is now part of my morning routine, and I do it a few times per week, before showering.
How do I Dry Brush?
Here are the basic steps to follow. Watch the video above which includes a quick demonstration.
- Go to a natural grocery store (or buy online) a long handled, natural bristled brush.
- Get undressed (preferably before a morning shower – since it will energize you.)
- Brush toward the heart, using long sweeping strokes.
- Use lighter pressure where skin is thin
- Avoid rashes, wounds, cuts, infections.
- Take a shower to wash off the dead skin cells.
- End your shower with 3 quick hot and cold cycles – this will increase blood circulation and leave you feeling extra invigorated
- After your shower, dry off vigorously and massage with a plant based oil or lotion
- Clean your brush once a week. Dry it in an open, sunny spot to prevent mildew.
That’s it! I hope you are inspired to try out dry brushing!
Learn more about how Amma Therapy can improve your health
If you enjoy self care like dry brushing, than you should really try out Amma Therapy. It can take you to deep levels of transformation of your mind and body. Amma Therapy treats similar imbalances as acupuncture but without the use of needles. Amma Therapy is completely non-invasive and has an incredibly nourishing and harmonizing effect. It provides a wide array of benefits. A few common ones include:
- Reduced stress and anxiety
- Decreased aches and pains
- Improved sleep
- Improved digestion
- Increased energy and vitality
As an Amma Therapist, I use the strength and sensitivity of my hands to stimulate acupoints and provide a rhythmic circular digital pressure along energy (Qi) pathways in the body. Unlike a typical massage, oils are not necessary and undressing is optional.In addition to bodywork, Amma therapists provide recommendations for lifestyle, self-care, nutrition, herbs and mindful movement.
In conclusion, I hope you’ve enjoyed this post and learned something new! Please do the following three things if you’re interested in staying in touch and learning more about Amma Therapy:
- Like my Facebook fan page
- Provide your email address to download my free report
- Sign up for a free holistic health assessment